Moon over Paris...

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Correction/addition to previous entry

"A most interesting man...."
I have just completed reading a book titled "Americans in Paris - Life and Death under Nazi Occupation" by Charles Glass. In the epilogue, he wrote that George Whitman's bookstore was initially named "Le Mistral Shop". He met Sylvia Beach, the owner of the original Shakespeare and Company during a reading in his shop. She passed away in June of 1962. It was not until 1964 that he renamed his bookstore Shakespeare and Company, a name he called "a novel in three words".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

I'm writing this blog because I want to. I no longer work outside the home, and find that extremely enjoyable, as I do not have to worry about trying to impress some meaningless person that has little or no bearing on my personal happiness.